Catering Jobs in Calgary
View all current positions below. We invite you to apply to become our team members. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Sous Chef Position
The Sous Chef will work with the Chef by leading a tight group on breakfasts, lunches, dinners, cocktail parties and large events, working extensively with the events department developing our events from food, decor to service.
The roll is to support the Chef by working as part of a team. This business will only work if there is continuity through communication and discussion on vital matters. For the first six months SEC expects the‑ Sous Chef to take it upon his or herself to learn what is required to perform their job with the required skills.
- Work in all areas of the kitchen preparing hot and cold food
- Studying and implementing food trends
- Assist in the maintenance schedule for equipment and projected asset needs for the kitchen
- Artistic, communication & people skills essential.
- Working with and attending the growing of fresh herbs, lettuces and flowers
- Experience is essential with a minimum of 10 years
- Experience of both standard food fair and high-end products.
- We are a catering company, deliveries are part of the job
- A valid driver’s license is required
- It is expected that delivers to clients will be part of the job
- Accountability for effective and timely deliveries and pick ups
- Sound leadership, to lead by example
- Maintaining labor workers and accountability
- Coordinate staffing requirements
- Analyze all aspects of event
- Ensure all events are well planned and expedited
- Brief all staff on event plus dissection after event
- Collaborating with the Catering and Event Coordinator on all events
- Creating menus with the Catering Coordinator
- Department meetings
- Working with the Operations and Marketing Manager
- Assist the Chef in inventories
- Foster healthy relationships with all staff
Please review the following link to a few of the product we prepare, https://secatering.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/catering-calgary-cocktail-packages-menus-sept2017.pdf
- If this menu looks easy and you created items like this regularly please submit a resume.
Do you have the passion for people, events and decor? Simply Elegant is currently seeking a professional, highly motivated, and energetic individual to join our events team. We need a dynamic project planner who loves logistics and has a keen eye for putting together event elements for social and corporate events.
You will sell, design, plan, implement and coordinate events. This is a perfect full-time job for both experienced individuals and those looking to gain more experience in the events and wedding business. Qualified candidates must demonstrate a command of outstanding customer service, have strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, a driver’s license is required, and be proficient in computer programs such as Excel, Word, InDesign and Quick Books.
The event assistant reports to the Director of Special Events and is responsible for the following:
- Assist in research, design, logistics, coordination and production of events
- Compose proposals that include pricing and design elements
- Create story boards to sell design concepts to clients
- Meet with clients and sell ideas that delivers events on brand
- Load trucks and drive to event sites
- Install décor and florals onsite
- Site manage vendors, staff and volunteers
- Deliver outstanding customer service with exceptional etiquette and social skills
- Work flexible hours including late nights and weekend work
- Assist with floral design and production
- Decor design, build props and centrepieces
Personal skills to include:
- Innovative thinking
- Resourceful, resilient and driven with personal confidence
- Experience supporting multiple projects at the same time
- A history of being able to problem-solve situations under stress
- Solid communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and business insight
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Fast learner and an active team player
- Experience in the event industry; MPI, CSEP or Event Management Certificate
Send resume to Sharon Barwick, CSEP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Servers / Bartenders
- Hospitality experience including food serve, bartending or cooking essential.
- Hold a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Pro-serve is required
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Should be 25 years or older for vehicle insurance
- Drivers license and clean driving record required
- Event experience an asset but not necessary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing, friendly and personable manner
- Motivated self starter
Order Catering Today!
Browse our online catering store, pick and choose what you need and add to cart. Then submit the order and we'll get back to you to customize the order. It's that easy! If you have questions at any step of the way, feel free to call (403) 242-0598.