Catering Jobs in Calgary
View all current positions below. We invite you to apply to become our team members. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Do you have the passion for people, events and decor? Simply Elegant is currently seeking a professional, highly motivated, and energetic individual to join our events team. We need a dynamic project planner who loves logistics and has a keen eye for putting together event elements for social and corporate events.
You will sell, design, plan, implement and coordinate events. This is a perfect full-time job for both experienced individuals and those looking to gain more experience in the events and wedding business. Qualified candidates must demonstrate a command of outstanding customer service, have strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, a driver’s license is required, and be proficient in computer programs such as Excel, Word, InDesign and Quick Books.
The event assistant reports to the Director of Special Events and is responsible for the following:
- Assist in research, design, logistics, coordination and production of events
- Compose proposals that include pricing and design elements
- Create story boards to sell design concepts to clients
- Meet with clients and sell ideas that delivers events on brand
- Load trucks and drive to event sites
- Install décor and florals onsite
- Site manage vendors, staff and volunteers
- Deliver outstanding customer service with exceptional etiquette and social skills
- Work flexible hours including late nights and weekend work
- Assist with floral design and production
- Decor design, build props and centrepieces
Personal skills to include:
- Innovative thinking
- Resourceful, resilient and driven with personal confidence
- Experience supporting multiple projects at the same time
- A history of being able to problem-solve situations under stress
- Solid communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and business insight
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Fast learner and an active team player
- Experience in the event industry; MPI, CSEP or Event Management Certificate
Send resume to Sharon Barwick, CSEP at email@example.com
Servers / Bartenders
- Hospitality experience including food serve, bartending or cooking essential.
- Hold a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Pro-serve is required
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Should be 25 years or older for vehicle insurance
- Drivers license and clean driving record required
- Event experience an asset but not necessary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing, friendly and personable manner
- Motivated self starter
Order Catering Today!
Browse our online catering store, pick and choose what you need and add to cart. Then submit the order and we'll get back to you to customize the order. It's that easy! If you have questions at any step of the way, feel free to call (403) 242-0598.