Catering Jobs in Calgary
View all current positions below. We invite you to apply to become our team members. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Site Manager / Head Waiter
Calgary’s premiere Hospitality firm is looking for reliable site manager/head waiter to represent us at our events. We are at presently looking to hire for a casual labour part time role for our catering events.
Join an accomplished hospitality firm that specializes in event management, weddings, catering, decor and florals. Simply Elegant is a forward thinking and vibrant company. When things are really flying we like to call our happy group “Simply Crazy”. There are two kinds of people; the first loves change, can go with the flow without blinking, and loves an environment that’s “a little crazy.” The second needs consistency, the ticking of a clock and a job with responsibilities carved in stone. The staff at Simply Elegant loves the first part, thriving on change, excited with deadlines, succeeding where mere mortals fail. If the first part scares you, stop! Run! We are simply not a good fit.
Requirements for the position:
What is required is experience in the following areas:
- 5 years in the hospitality industry which can include food service, hotel or restaurant service,
- ProServe Required;
- Must drive and have a clean driving record.
- What is an asset:
- Bartending or Sommelier experience
- Set up for a variety of events of all sizes from 8 – 1000 people
- Excellent communication with the client to understand and fulfill their needs
- Serve, bus and bartend
- Wash and polish dishes, cutlery and glassware
- A variety of tasks in all departments
- Resourceful and Strong communication and writing skills
- Innovative thinking and creative problem solving
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Fast learner
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- High degree of personal confidence and time management
- Work within a highly collaborative team environment
- In good physical shape, candidate must be able to lift 35lbs.
- Happy and likes to have fun!
Onsite Decorator for Events
- Working onsite for Special events across the city & beyond includes the loading, unloading, assembly, set-up and tear down of décor includes displays, furniture, signage, stages, backdrops, lighting, linens, florals etc. for both corporate & social events.
- Helping troubleshoot design issues both onsite and offsite.
- Work with the team directly to ensure that that the vision is communicated, understood and executed.
- Willing to work days, evenings & weekend work . Opportunities for overtime.
Job Types: part time
- Wage: negotiate
- 3 hour shift minimum
- Experience in the Event industry considered a very important asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility and adaptability regarding tasks and responsibilities
- Team player
- Has a knack for details is a bonus.
- Driving small vans
- Drive cube van
- Drive 5 ton trucks: 3 years (required)
- Must have her/his own transportation
The cook will be required to create menus according to Simply Elegant’s requirements for breakfasts,
lunches, dinners, cocktail parties and large events. You will be expected to work off site on events on
your own or part of a team, this includes interacting with clients and their guests. It is expected that
you are flexible in scheduling, remember we are a catering company. Delivery of food and equipment
are essential parts of catering. If you do not drive do not apply. Artistic as well as communication &
people skills are essential.
This community will only work if there is continuity through communication and discussion on vital
matters. For the first six months SE expects the cook to take it upon his or herself to learn what is
required to perform their job with the required skills. From time to time there will be performance
– Work directly on all hot and cold food
– Daily specials
– All menu items
– Event sit-down, buffet and cocktail parties
– Studying and implementing food trends.
– Front end service.
– Prepare and cook food in people’s home and corporate settings.
– You must look absolutely presentable.
– It is expected that delivers to clients will be part of the job.
– Accountability for effective and timely deliveries and pick ups .
Kitchen Equipment and Cleaning
– Contribute to the washing of dishes and pots.
– Ensure the proper functioning & cleanliness of the facility.
– Assist in the maintenance schedule for equipment.
Servers / Bartenders
- Hospitality experience including food serve, bartending or cooking essential.
- Hold a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Pro-serve is required
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Should be 25 years or older for vehicle insurance
- Drivers license and clean driving record required
- Event experience an asset but not necessary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing, friendly and personable manner
- Motivated self starter