Catering and Event Jobs in Calgary
View all current positions below. We invite you to apply to become our team members. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Catering Cooks will work on the production of menus for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, cocktail parties and large events. You will be expected to work off site on events on your own or part of a team; this includes interacting with clients and their guests; It is expected that you are flexible in scheduling; remember we are a catering company, delivery of food and equipment are essential parts of catering.
- Work directly on all hot/cold production.
- Consistent food preparation, production and the highest caliber of food presentation, taking advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both.
- Carry out assigned daily food preparation ensuring to follow all safety standards
- Work within different areas including; the main kitchen and onsite as required.
- Action stations, sit-down and buffets.
- Prepare and cook food in people’s home and corporate settings.
- Ensure that all areas equipment, cooking and service vessels are kept clean and secure where applicable.
- Ensure all kitchen items ordered from suppliers are correct and checked for quality.
- Participate in pre-shift meetings, communicating upcoming functions for whole day, products that are out/short, daily features.
- Deliveries to clients and timely pickups with company vehicle will be required.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Red Seal an asset.
- Experience in hotel, golf course banquets or catering essential.
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve objectives.
- MUST HAVE A Valid Driver’s License with no serious infractions.
- A fun, engaging, high energy atmosphere.
- Growth opportunities and a career path that is performance driven.
- The ability to acquire the knowledge, experience, and confidence you need to prepare for Red Seal Certification and then your Certified Chef de Cuisine.
- Pay, depending on experience; $20 to $25 per hour
Email PDF Resumes to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contact for a potential interview. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Servers / Bartenders (part time)
- Hospitality experience including food serve, bartending or cooking essential.
- Hold a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Pro-serve is required
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Should be 25 years or older for vehicle insurance
- Drivers license and clean driving record required
- Event experience an asset but not necessary
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing, friendly and personable manner
- Motivated self starter
Onsite Decorator for Events (part time)
- Working onsite for Special events across the city & beyond includes the loading, unloading, assembly, set-up and tear down of décor includes displays, furniture, signage, stages, backdrops, lighting, linens, florals etc. for both corporate & social events.
- Helping troubleshoot design issues both onsite and offsite.
- Work with the team directly to ensure that that the vision is communicated, understood and executed.
- Willing to work days, evenings & weekend work . Opportunities for overtime.
Job Types: part time
- Wage: negotiate
- 3 hour shift minimum
- Experience in the Event industry considered a very important asset
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Flexibility and adaptability regarding tasks and responsibilities
- Team player
- Has a knack for details is a bonus.
- Driving small vans
- Drive cube van
- Drive 5 ton trucks: 3 years (required)
- Must have her/his own transportation