Catering and Event Jobs in Calgary
Check the latest job opportunities with Simply Elegant in Calgary.
View all current positions below. We invite you to apply to become our team members. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Catering Food and Beverage Manager
Requirements are, Hotel or Catering Food and Beverage Manager: 5 years (required)
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of catering options and services to the client in accordance with the agreement of the contract
- Articulate deadlines and spends clearly and politely to all clients
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, clients, and vendors
- Prepare accurate and clear estimates and invoices
- Sales quotes, developing menus and costing
- Liaise with clients and suppliers to confirm event details
- Attending events and working as site manager when required.
- Working in tandem with the executive chef on updates and progress in development of the Catering department.
- Build function orders within client budgets
- Responsible for AHS compliance within the catering services.
- Manage monthly liquor inventory
- Work with chef on events, weekly/monthly specials
- Costing of all items related to catering
- Additional duties as assigned or required by the team
- Site Responsibilities
- Assigning events to site managers.
- Attend as site manager when required.
- Ensure site managers have all event details properly presented and explained
- Build rental list and prepare of assign to stewarding department
- Complete set up of catering displays onsite at events.
- Communicates the catering vision to all team members and leads by example.
- Responsible for sourcing, scheduling, and training front of the house staff staff
- Communicate Catering standards and staff etiquette for all Catering events
- Conduct weekly logistic meetings
- Work with other departments on logistic, design, sales.
- Comprehensive extended health and insurance benefits package
- 5 paid leave for sick and bereavement per year
- Professional development financial support
- Company cellphone
- Free Parking
- Personal vehicle maintenance program
Catering Cooks will work on the production of menus for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, cocktail parties and large events. You will be expected to work off site on events on your own or part of a team; this includes interacting with clients and their guests; It is expected that you are flexible in scheduling; remember we are a catering company, delivery of food and equipment are essential parts of catering.
Work directly on all hot/cold production.
Consistent food preparation, production and the highest caliber of food presentation, taking advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both.
Carry out assigned daily food preparation ensuring to follow all safety standards
Work within different areas including; the main kitchen and onsite as required.
Action stations, sit-down and buffets.
Prepare and cook food in people’s home and corporate settings.
Ensure that all areas equipment, cooking and service vessels are kept clean and secure where applicable.
Ensure all kitchen items ordered from suppliers are correct and checked for quality.
Participate in pre-shift meetings, communicating upcoming functions for whole day, products that are out/short, daily features.
Deliveries to clients and timely pickups with company vehicle will be required.
Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times.
Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Red Seal an asset.
Experience in hotel, golf course banquets or catering essential.
Self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently or with a team.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure to achieve objectives.
MUST HAVE A Valid Driver’s License with no serious infractions.
A fun, engaging, high energy atmosphere.
Growth opportunities and a career path that is performance driven.
The ability to acquire the knowledge, experience, and confidence you need to prepare for Red Seal Certification and then your Certified Chef de Cuisine.
Pay, depending on experience; $20 to $25 per hour
Email PDF Resumes to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted for a potential interview. Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Servers / bartenders (part time)
Hospitality experience including food service, bartending or cooking essentials.
Hold a driver’s license and clean driving record.
Pro-serve is required
The candidate should possess the following attributes:
Should be 25 years or older for vehicle insurance
A driver’s license and clean driving record required
Event experience is an asset but not necessary
Strong organization and time management skills
Outgoing, friendly and personable manner
Onsite decorator for events (part time)
Working onsite for Special events across the city & beyond includes the loading, unloading, assembly, set-up and tear down of décor including displays, furniture, signage, stages, backdrops, lighting, linens, florals etc. for both corporate & social events.
Helping troubleshoot design issues both onsite and offsite.
Work with the team directly to ensure that the vision is communicated, understood and executed.
Willing to work days, evenings & weekend work. Opportunities for overtime.
Job Types: part-time
Schedule: 3-hour shift minimum
Experience in the Event industry is considered a very important asset
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Flexibility and adaptability regarding tasks and responsibilities
Has a knack for details is a bonus.
Driving small vans
Drive cube van
Drive 5 ton trucks: 3 years (required)
Must have her/his own transportation
Let's start here
If you can’t find an open position above but would love to join Simply Elegant, feel free to send us a note and introduce yourself. In the note, please mention how you can aid the company’s growth.