All-in-one Hospitality Firm in Calgary
We’re experts in creating corporate and private events. This includes securing venues, designing weddings, event planning, and providing catering, florals, rentals and décor.
We can provide expert management of your event including special catering and a décor theme.
Visit our Online Store
Contact us if you have any questions about our arrangements or if you have something specific in mind.
We take your vision and make it a reality.
Visit our Online Store
C.E.O and Owner
Director of Special Events
Director of Food & Beverage
Office & Accounting Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Join Our Team
Simply Elegant prides itself on integrity and ethical business practices. Managers lead by example by showing respect and working alongside their staff. Employees are given responsibility and the authority to do their job with opportunities for advancement. We offer an exciting, fun environment for individuals who want to excel and grow in the hospitality industry.
Simply Elegant is a community of people who work hard, enjoy their lives and have earned the right to be respected as professionals and friends.
We’re Calgary’s Premier Hospitality Firm.
We are Simply Elegant, an accomplished events and catering firm headquartered in Calgary Alberta. We provide expert planning, catering, floral, decor and management services for all kinds of events, including private parties, corporate events, and weddings.
We are a multi-divisional hospitality firm that offers a full range of services to meet all your planning needs in one place. We love what we do, and we’d love the opportunity to see how we could make your life easier and your event the best it could be. You could say “We’re in the Business of Events.”
We started as a catering company in 1996. Owner Robert Vidra, then a trained chef, was determined to open a catering operation that met the specific needs of the business community. He talked to everyone from receptionists to the CEOs of Calgary's largest companies, in order to design a catering company that would best meet the needs of the Calgary culture.
The business developed a reputation for providing excellent food, outstanding service and tremendous value. In fact, the service was so good that Simply Elegant's clients encouraged the company to move into events, because of their unwavering attention to detail. Simply Elegant expanded into events in 2005, adding a nationally recognized, award-winning designer and events planner to the staff.
Today, Simply Elegant has found a home with its own venue: Skyline.
Now, instead of having to deal with a variety of vendors, clients are able to turn over everything to Simply Elegant, right from booking the venue to supplying the decorations, catering, entertainment, plus execution and clean up.
We actively listen in order to understand the corporate culture and needs of our clients and create events that reflect their brand and values. We do not believe in “one size fits all.” Rather, we customize events by working collaboratively with our clients. We never take for granted the trust that our clients and vendors put in us.
Simply Elegant staff are experts in their field. Numerous employees have enjoyed long-standing careers at Simply Elegant. We value their loyalty and support their continued education.
We have established strong, working relationships with our vendors and treat them how we want to be treated. We believe that honesty, integrity and social responsibility are vital to our corporate culture and seek out vendors with similar values. Our future includes caring for the planet and we actively seek ways to lessen our footprint on it. We are mindful of the environment as we design our events.
- Leadership starts at the top. It has always been the core principle of Robert Vidra to accept responsibility for all that happens and not blame others; all of our staff follow that same conviction.
- We enjoy what we do by creating fun and a little magic.
- Our business is not an object but a live entity; we are a community of people who love to work and socialize together.
- We believe that change is inevitable and by accepting the evolution of change, we can inspire others.
- There is nothing more important than communication.
- We are open to accepting constructive criticism.
- We accept that each person has strengths and weaknesses; we recognize the strengths of others and minimize their weaknesses by providing support and working as a team.
- Success is directly measured by those around you; we cannot be what we are without our staff and vendors – it’s the people we work with that make us great.
- Each person is required to work in other departments so they understand the other divisions.
- We share in the joys of others and their lives.
- We are community minded and give time, money, food and services to the Calgary community.
- We believe in doing the right thing even when it is not the easy thing.
- We believe business is earned and trust cannot be abused.
- Enlightenment through education brings out the best in us.
- We give employees company money to go out for dinners and experience new things that make them happy.
- Supporting strong policies since 1996; we did what was right before most people cared.
- We recycle, reuse and reduce.
- We do not take advantage of our vendors; it is through collaborating with them that we can succeed.
Simply Elegant’s Green Initiative
There’s no point being a premiere events and catering company if we’ve run out of planet to live on. So we take our responsibility to the environment very seriously.
Here are some of the ways we work towards sustainability:
- We support and purchase from local food products and suppliers
- We use organic vegetables where possible
- 90% of the meat we purchase is from Alberta, including free range fed chickens and turkeys
- 25% of all produce we purchase is grown locally in the Pacific NW
- 90% of the fruit we buy comes from North America
- We provide biodegradable disposable cocktail and lunch plates
- We provide “green” cutlery at client’s request
- Since 1996, we’ve used chaffing dishes (not tinfoil) for all hot food
- We use plastic platters, which are sanitized and reused, instead of disposable ones
- Our food is presented on china by request
- All cardboard and office paper products
- Kitchen cooking oil
- Bottles and cans with proceeds being donated to local community groups
- Straight line food delivery for “green routing” to specific downtown corporate buildings to reduce fuel consumption, minimize vehicle exhaust plus conserve gas.
- Strict maintenance programs for delivery vehicles
- Kitchen freezers, fridges
- Air conditioner units
We’re glad a healthier environment matters to you too. Thanks for wanting to know more about our green philosophy. We’ll keep striving to find new ways to lessen our footprint on the planet.
- Hospice Calgary
- Médecins Sans Frontières HK / Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
- Canadian Red Cross
- David Suzuki Foundation
- World Wildlife Fund
Simply Elegant News
Simply Elegant was proud to partner with Hospice Calgary for their annual Hike for Hospice. This was our 10th year! On May 7, 2017, some 700 people plus 50 or so volunteers met at Calgary’s Fish Creek park for the hike. Simply Elegant was there to support in the walk...
“I believe that the Arts allows us to explore our dreams and aspirations through sounds, touch and sight.” states Rob Vidra, CEO and founder of Simply Elegant, when explaining why he believes it is important for corporations and communities to support the Arts. Simply...
What’s Red and White all over and topped with a big “Yahoo!”? Clearly it’s Canada’s 150th birthday celebration Calgary style. Simply Elegant is brimming with excitement about events that will take place in 2017. Combining the annual Calgary Stampede celebration with...
Simply Elegant is a supporter of Hospice Calgary. To bring awareness to this cause and raise funds to support the organization, we wanted to do something special that would include our clients and colleagues. Our management team decided to host an event at our shop to...
Hey Calgary businesses, Fort McMurray needs our help. Tens of thousands of people have been displaced from their homes and are at risk of losing everything. See the story here. Simply Elegant has made a $500.00 donation to the Canadian Red Cross and we invite, no...
Simply Elegant is proud to once again partner with Hospice Calgary for the annual Hike for Hospice. This year's Hike was a huge success generating over $130,000 in donations! It was a beautiful sunny day in Calgary's Fish Creek park. Over 600 happy hikers were...