Please refer to the following document supplied by the Alberta Government.
- Office/Home delivery drive-through, take-out and curbside pickup: Interactions between employees and customers that occur via delivery, drive-through, take-out and curbside pick-up are intended to be completed as immediately as possible and with minimal to no interaction at a distance of less than two metres. Employees are required to disinfect before entering your building and will wear a mask.
- Food Service Equipment: Plates, cutlery, glassware will be washed, sanitized and wrapped according to AHS restaurant bylaws.
Buffet/Cafeteria Style Service:
- Any food is permitted if buffet/cafeteria are made inaccessible to the guests.
- Food needs to be plated and served by dedicated staff members.
- Disposable serving ware is recommended
- Regular cutlery, glasses and plates,are not to be reused for refill.
NOTE: Estimates / Initial Assessments are not booked. It is the responsibility of the client to confirm booking by email and to receive a response. If you do not receive a response, call to ensure your booking. No order will be created without an invoice which you will receive prior to the event.
Choose from the list below to view the policies of interest:
Hours of Operation
We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm. Closed Saturday and Sunday except for special events.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are asking for patience and more time in placing an order of at least two business days. Same day or rush orders may be possible but may be subject to a 25% surcharge.
Hot Food Orders
As hot food requires more preparation time, orders should be placed two business days in advance of the day of the event. Hot meals require 8 or more of the same item.
Cold meals require a minimum of $75.00 before tax and delivery.
Hot meals require 8 or more of the same item.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are asking for patience and more time. Volume increases to an order may be possible up to 9:30 am the day of delivery. Reductions to an order are not possible the day of your event due to our production schedule.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we are asking for patience. All cancellations less than two business day in advance of delivery will be charged in full. We will deliver the food at the specified time unless requested otherwise by the client. Large parties will require more than one business day notice depending on the size of their event. Please refer to our cancellation policy regarding events.
Standard Corporate Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (Catering with disposables or simple rentals from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm)
Delivery to one central company drop off point. This is either a special room outside the elevators, the servery, or the main reception desk.
Delivery Charges are based on the following criteria:
- Distance traveled
- Heavy load-ins
- Client special requirements
- Loading dock availability
- Time of delivery
For specifics on our delivery zones please see the “Delivery Zones” policies category.
EVENT COMPANY POLICIES
We accept Cash, Cheques, VISA and Master Card as a means for payment. VISA and Master Card payments are only accepted for amounts of up to $2,500.00. If you choose to use a credit card as payment above $2,500.00, a 2.5% Administration Service will be added.
Payment for Large Events Catering or Event Management
Booking for Catering or Event Management requires a 35% non-refundable retainer. We will require an estimate approval, creation of an invoice and contract with event deposit within 14 days. If this time expires there will be no obligations to hold the event day.
Upon execution of any agreement, the proceeding schedule will be in effect.
NOTE: We will secure the event day for 14 days. In this time the first payment and contract must be signed.
First Payment– 35% retainer of the estimated total+ GST non-refundable retainer.
Second Payment: 55% – 90 days prior to event
Third Payment: 10% – due within 14 working days after the event.
Closing Charges Adjustment: Payments or credits are made upon completion of event and payable within 14 days.
Final menu selection is made 10 days prior to event date
Logistics and Special Condition requirements are to be finalized 14 working days prior to event
Guest count and menu are finalized at the time of last payment 7 working days prior to event
NOTE: Any changes to your guest count that lower it may require a price re-evaluation
If the event is cancelled 60 days prior to date of delivery, 25% of contracted total amount will be charged including any charges securing staff in advance for the event. If cancellation occurs less than 14 days prior to the event, 75% of the contracted total amount will be charged.
Operational Service Fee
Complete implementation of event including, delivery, set-up, break-down, development of menu and quotes, staffing and all internal office time required to ensure a seamless event. This is not a gratuity nor do we pre-charge a gratuity.
If you are happy with your service and would like to add a gratuity, please pay the Manager or directly to Simply Elegant, the monies will then be dispersed to the appropriate staff.
2 and under are Free
3 – 8 years receive 50% of cost of meal
Buffet Food Quantity
We supply 10% above guest count on buffet dinners to ensure guests satisfaction. This does not denote an “all you can eat buffet”. Portions are standardized based on the average person’s appetite.
We offer complimentary tasting for two. We will bill you for the tasting but once you have signed our agreement with us we will deduct it off your invoice.
1. Delivery &/ or pickup in Zone 1- Downtown Core or NE quadrant.
- $12.50 for one way and nothing needs to be returned.
- $25.00 for two way if we need to come and pick up equipment
- After hours delivery Monday to Friday call for details.
2. Delivery &/ or pickup in Zone 2, outside downtown core, within 10km from our location
- $25.00 for one way and nothing needs to be returned.
- $50.00 for two way if we need to go back to collect any equipment.
- After hours delivery Monday to Friday call for details.
3. Delivery &/ or pickup in Zone 3, within 25km from our location
- $35.00 for one way and nothing needs to be returned.
- $70.00 for two way if we need to go back to collect any equipment.
- After hours delivery Monday to Friday call for details.
4. Delivery outside corporate limits please call for details.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Simply Elegant is committed to responsible management practices that provide a healthy and safe workplace for our employees and clients, and that safeguard the public while protecting the environment in which we work.
Our commitment includes:
- Complying with established occupational health and safety regulations and environmental laws;
- Integrating health, safety and environmental considerations into the way we conduct our business;
- Management setting an example and providing leadership in health and safety, setting health and safety policies and procedures and providing training and adequate resources to perform the job safely;
- Employees at all levels being responsible and accountable for the company’s health and safety. Active participation by everyone at all times, and in every job is necessary for the health and safety excellence Simply Elegant expects.
Planning – Assess potential health and safety hazards related to company activities; eliminate, minimize or mitigate adverse effects of operations.
Responsibility – Utilize facilities in a safe and responsible manner. This shall include development of procedures that support health and safety.
Communication – Maintain regular communications with employees and other stakeholders on health and safety matters.
Training – Provide education and training to support public and employee health and safety.
Performance – Set measurable targets and improve performance through an effective health and safety management system.
By fulfilling our safety, responsibilities and continually improving our Health and Safety Management System we will all share the benefits of a safe, healthy, and injury-free workplace.
At Simply Elegant Corporation, we are committed to providing our members/clients/employees with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information about our members, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the client/member/employee voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
We will only use or disclose member personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes such as:
• To conduct surveys in order to enhance the provision of our services;
• To contact our members/clients/employees directly about services that may be of interest;
We will not use or disclose personal information for any additional purpose unless we obtain consent to do so, or if its included in the exceptions listed above in compliance with Alberta’s PIPA.
We will not sell member/client/employee lists or personal information to other parties.
Retaining Personal Information
If we use member/client/employee personal information to make a decision that directly affects them, we will retain that personal information for at least one year so that the member/client/employee has a reasonable opportunity to request access to it.
Simply Elegant Corporation will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose.
Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information
Simply Elegant Corporation will make reasonable efforts to ensure that member/client/employee personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about them or disclosed to another organization.
If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note the members’ correction request in the file.
Securing Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring the security of member personal information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
The following security measures will be followed to ensure that member personal information is appropriately protected:
Methods of protection and safeguards include, but are not limited to:
• Locked filing cabinets.
• Restricted access to offices.
• Need-to-know access and technological measures including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls.
The following steps will be taken to ensure security:
• Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
• Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers.
• Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or in boxes by reputable courier/delivery companies.
• Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is encrypted.
• Staff is trained to collect, use and disclose personal information only as necessary to fulfill their duties and in accordance with this policy.
• External consultants and agencies with access to personal information will provide Simply Elegant Corporation with appropriate privacy assurances.
Simply Elegant Corporation will use appropriate security measures when destroying personal information such as shredding documents, deleting electronically stored information. We will ensure that all records are destroyed or personal information rendered non-identifying when information is no longer needed. The records will be destroyed in a reasonable time frame.
Simply Elegant Corporation will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.